According to XYZ University, a demographics consulting firm specializing in organizational dynamics, the U.S. Workforce will change in significant ways in the next five years:
- By 2015, Generation Y (born since 1982) will out number Baby Boomers (born between 1946 and 1964) in the workforce.
- On average, 10,000 Baby Boomers retire each day.
- Generation X (born between 1965 and 1982) will make up 65 percent of the workforce by 2020.
- 70 percent of college grads leave their first job within two years.
- 75 percent of employed Americans are looking for a job.
- One in three college students and young professionals under the age of 30 prioritize social media freedom over salary in accepting a job offer.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a shortage of 10 million workers due to the retirement of Baby Boomers.