Did you buy property in 2011 that is assessed at the 6 percent assessment ratio? You may be eligible for a property tax discount.
The General Assembly enacted the Point of Sale Bill (H.3713) that among other things provides for a 25 percent reduction in the fair market value of property bought in 2011 and assessed at the 6 percent assessment ratio (commercial, rental, second homes).
In order to receive the reduction, the property owner must apply to the local tax assessor’s office by January 30, 2012.
- Greenville County: www.greenvillecounty.org or 864-467-7300
- Pickens County: www.pickensassessor.org or 864-898-5872
- Laurens County: www.laurenscountytaxes.com or 864-984-6546
- Spartanburg County: www.spartanburgcounty.org or 864-487-2552
- Anderson County: www.andersoncountysc.org or 864-260-4028
- Oconee County: www.oconeesc.com or 864-638-4150
- Greenwood County: www.co.greenwood.sc.us or 864-942-8537
- Abbeville County: www.abbevillecountysc.com or 864-366-5312 ext. 102
- Union County: www.countyofunion.org or 864-429-1600
- Cherokee County: www.cherokeecountysctax.com or 864-487-2543