The Headlines: July 21, 2017
Ten Home Building industry stories we have read recently:
- Jimmy Carter: Trump is right. Canada’s lumber trade practices are unfair. The Washington Post.
- Builders, how do you define substantial completion for your subcontractors? Professional Warranty Service Corporation blog.
- Deitz: slow but steady growth for housing. NAHBNow.
- Home builders can’t find enough workers. CNN Money. (quoted: NAHB CEO Jerry Howard)
- Real estate’s new normal: homeowners staying put. New York Times. (good news for remodelers?)
- How tales of “flippers” led to a housing bubble. New York Times.
- Former Chief Just offers stark reminder of South Carolina Construction Law. Midlandsbiz.
- Worker-friendly rules scrapped by Labor Dept. USA Today.
- Who’s powering the housing market? Surprise! It’s Millennials. NBC News.
- Home building slowed as cities try to tame growth. USA Today.
July 21, 2017