Ten Home Building industry stories we have read recently:
- Senior loan officer survey as a barometer of the economy (it shows an easing of lending standards). Eye on Housing.
- NAHB applauds President Trump’s order rescinding overreaching flood standard. NAHB Now.
- Why Americans are shunning new homes and opting to stay put, renovate instead (average length of home ownership up from 6 years to 15 years). Chicago Tribune.
- Home equity used to start seven percent of U.S. businesses. Eye on Housing.
- New single-family homes getting smaller (down to 2,388 square feel). NAHBNow.
- New silica rules go into effect September 23. NAHBNow.
- Home sales on the rise in the Upstate (July to August, Greenville is up 7.8 percent, Spartanburg is up 12.3 percent). GSA Business.
- EPA waives lead pain requirements for certain renovations (emergency renovations after a disaster). NAHBNow.
- New generation of young home buyers is tiptoeing into the market. Los Angeles Times.
- More floods are coming, but smarter policies can limit costs, damage (op ed by former Charleston Mayor Joe Riley). Miami Herald.
Did you know? According to Greenville County administration, 96 subdivisions defaulted on their stormwater permits during the real estate crisis.
September 22, 2017