Milestone Custom Homes will construct the welcome center and model home in the new Hartness Community on the east side of Greenville. Milestone is one of four Approved Professional Builders in the Hartness Builder’s Guild, which includes Hollison Custom Homes, Dillard-Jones Builders, and Stoneledge Properties.
The Hartness Community is a 440 acre development near SC14 and Roper Mountain Road. The community will feature 180 acres of green space, 15 miles of trails connecting woodlands, lakes, streams, wildlife and shared recreational areas. Also included will be a clubhouse and wellness center, a resort-styled swimming pool, and a sports garden.
Source: GSA Business
Hartness Development, Inc.
Hartness Development, Inc. (HDI) is seeking a self-motivated, high energy and team-oriented Construction Manager to assist in the creation of Hartness, a 440 acre master-planned Traditional Neighborhood Development located in Greenville, South Carolina. This walkable community will consist of more than 600 homes in a variety of architectural styles and types, a 180-acre nature preserve, and a quaint village center with restaurants, retail shops, offices, and civic spaces.
HDI has compiled an exclusive group of local custom home builders to build the majority of the single-family detached homes at Hartness. However, HDI will build, or hire contractors to build, a variety of single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums, mixed-use commercial buildings, and community amenities.
Job responsibilities will include, but will not not be limited to:
- Work with the HDI team to plan and manage light commercial and residential construction projects from start to finish
- Collaborate with architects, designers, engineers, general contractors, and other construction industry professionals
- Manage the Hartness builder group
- Create and manage standard residential building specifications
- Administer residential design and construction guidelines
- Support the architectural review process
- Prepare and negotiate cost estimates, budgets, and work timetables
- Select appropriate construction methods and strategies
- Interpret and explain contracts and technical information
- Select, hire, and instruct material suppliers and contractors
- Supervise construction personnel and activities onsite
- Report on work progress and budget matters
Education Requirements: Associate or Bachelor’s degree in construction science, construction management, architecture, or engineering (or qualifying work experience in one or more of these fields).
Work Experience: 10 years minimum experience in light commercial and residential construction.
Professional Licensing: South Carolina Residential Builder (or have qualifications for licensing); South Carolina General Contractor (or have qualifications for licensing).
Interested applicants, contact Clay Driggers, Director of Development, Hartness Development, Inc., 3500 S. Highway 14,Greenville, SC 29615. 864-304-0472. email@example.com.