by ShoesOptional | Jul 9, 2015 | Uncategorized
The HBA of Greenville would like to congratulate Gabriel Builders on winning the 2015 Best of the Upstate award in the Builder category. In a statement Belinda Rubio of Gabriel Builders said “Gus and I were merely there to accept this award but it’s all of you that work so hard and diligently to put us in this position. We sincerely appreciate everything you do to make Gabriel Builders special. We feel very blessed that you all chose to work with us! We also have incredible customers that we love very much”
Well said Belinda and Congratulations again!
Click here to view other Best of the Upstate 2015 winners.
by Michael Dey | Feb 20, 2015 | Uncategorized
Nick Rubio, Project Manager at Gabriel Builders and a regular on the local bass fishing tournament circuit, has launched an app designed to help anglers catch more fish. His company, Fatsack Outdoors, Inc., is also about to go public.
Rubio said he developed the App after years of keeping written journals, and finding that the smartphone apps on the market meant to track catches were not designed by fishermen.
Rubio is exhibiting this weekend at the BASSMasters Classic trade show at the TD Convention Center.
Read more at GSA Business by clicking here.
by Michael Dey | Jan 26, 2015 | Uncategorized
|L-R: Nick Rubio, Gus Rubio, Belinda Rubio, and Gabe Rubio|
Gus Rubio, CGP, APB, founder of Gabriel Builders, has been honored as the NAHB Custom Home Builder of the Year.
Sponsored by Sherwin-Williams, the award was presented at a luncheon last week in Las Vegas as part of the events taking place at the NAHB International Builders’ Show (IBS).
Rubio’s business philosophy of customer service before, during and after the sale sets his company apart from any other building company, the HBA said in its nomination form. Gabriel Builders has built homes for corporate chief executives and presidents, professional athletes, congressional representatives and architects.
The company works with clients to design and build homes with a free exchange of ideas as well as allowing optimum value engineering based on the expertise of the company’s professional staff.
Rubio was a member of the HBA of Greenville Board of Directors from 1988 to 1991, has served on the board for a second time since 2012, and has served as chairman of the membership committee since 2013. “Rubio and his team members give through their leadership and in-kind donations, not just to the HBA, but to our local community and the home building industry as well. I am sure there are many who are worthy of this award, but none more so than Gus Rubio and Gabriel Builders,” said Michael Dey, Executive Vice President of the Home Builders Association of Greenville.
by ShoesOptional | Oct 30, 2014 | Uncategorized
Currently in the lead with the most new Blood
Gus Rubio with Gabriel Builders
welcoming: Evan Farner
Todd Usher with Addison Homes
welcoming: Diane Jackson
Rhett Brown with Allen Tate Realtors
welcoming: Shelly DeVreese
Bill Kane with Ryan Homes
welcoming: Trina Montalbano
You still have time to recruit new members, contest winners will be announced at the Annual Meeting sponsored by PestBan on November 13th with featured speaker Jerry Howard, CEO of NAHB.
by Michael Dey | Aug 12, 2014 | Uncategorized
Home building industry professionals were awarded the Home Builders Association of South Carolina’s most prestigious awards last week on Hilton Head Island. The twelfth annual Celebration of Excellence awards ceremony was held to honor the recipients of the Pinnacle Awards.
The Pinnacle Award recognizes the craftsmanship of the best home builders and remodelers in South Carolina. Fifteen Pinnacle Awards were given in five categories:
- new home construction
- remodel projects
- energy efficiency
- sales & marketing
The 2014 Pinnacle Award winners from Greenville are:
Also winning Pinnacle Awards from around South Carolina are:
- New Home Construction – $200,000 to $499,999: Saluda River Club – Andy White (HBA of Greater Columbia)
- New Home Construction – $500,000 to $749,999: Reclamation by Design, Ltd. – Ron and Pat Strimpfel (Hilton Head Area HBA)
- New Home Construction – $750,000 to $999,999: Central Signature Homes, LLC – David Gully (HBA of Oconee)
- New Home Construction – $1,500,000 to $1,999,999: Ken Black Builders, Inc. and Chapman Design Group, Inc. – Don Chapman (HBA of Anderson)
- Best Achievement in Energy Efficiency: Central Signature Homes, LLC – David Gully (HBA of Oconee)
- Remodeling Project – $149,999 and less: Gamble Home Services – Tori Stein (Charleston HBA)
- Remodeling Project – $150,000 to $249,999: Gamble Home Services – Tori Stein (Charleston HBA)
- Remodeling Project – $250,000 to $499,999: Gamble Home Services – Tori Stein (Charleston HBA)
- Remodeling Project – $500,000 and more: Icon Construction of SC, LLC and Chapman Design Group, Inc. – Don Chapman (HBA of Anderson)
- Best Subdivision/Community: Saluda River Club – Andy White (HBA of Greater Columbia)
- Best Overall Sales & Marketing: Saluda River Club – Andy White (HBA of Greater Columbia)
- Best Interior Merchandising for a Model Home: Saluda River Club – Andy White (HBA of Greater Columbia)
Pinnacle Award winners will be highlighted in the upcoming S.C. Builder Journal and presented on the S.C. Department of Commerce and the S.C. Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism websites to emphasize the craftsmanship and quality of S.C. residential builders.
About the Pinnacle Awards
The Pinnacle Awards were created to honor those in the home building industry who have achieved the highest standard of quality craftsmanship, innovative problem solving and customer satisfaction. This competition is a privilege of membership, as well as a means of challenging our members to greater levels of achievement.