by Michael Dey, Executive Vice President
Home Builders Association of Greenville
Producing the Southern Home and Garden Show is a major operation. Our Home Show involves more than 300 exhibitors in a 120,000 square-foot exhibit hall. More than 1,500 personnel are on site during the show. And another 500 people are involved in setting up the show.
We close our office for two days and our entire staff works the Home Show. In addition, the Vass Markets team, which markets and manages the Home Show, also is on site for the entire time the show is being set up and open to the public. In addition, dozens of TD Convention Center staff take tickets, monitor parking areas, secure the facility, and make sure the trash cans are emptied, bathrooms are clean, and that all of the more than 10,000 visitors to the show are safe and sound.
Even with all of this support, your Home Builders Association of Greenville could not produce the Southern Home and Garden Show without the support of our volunteers. Our volunteers help us drive the parking lot shuttles, assist exhibitors and volunteers at the Exhibitor Registration and Will Call Desk, stock the Exhibitor Hospitality Lounge, and visit and thank all of our exhibitors.
I would like to thank all of the volunteers who helped make the 51st Annual Southern Home and Garden Show another great success:
- Robert Markel, CGR, Hadrian Construction Company
- Wayne Moore, Harold Moore Builder
- Richard Powers, Piedmont Natural Gas
- Mike Freeman, GMB, Freewood Contracting
- Scott Presley, Greer State Bank
- Lex Stapleton, Donald A. Gardner Architects
- Joe Hoover, Ryan Homes
- Sue Flaspoehler, K&S Stoneworks
- Russ Henson, GBS Building Supply
- Matt Vaughn, Homeowners Mortgage
- Reggie Alexander, Home Builders Institute
- John Wolfrom, Providence Realty & Marketing
- Toni Masters
We also had help from students at Clemson University as well as the C-Core mentoring program.
Volunteers make your Home Builders Association’s programs and services possible. Thank you each and every volunteer for making the Southern Home and Garden Show, and your association, a success.