Hartness Development, Inc.
Hartness Development, Inc. (HDI) is seeking a self-motivated, high energy and team-oriented Construction Manager to assist in the creation of Hartness, a 440 acre master-planned Traditional Neighborhood Development located in Greenville, South Carolina. This walkable community will consist of more than 600 homes in a variety of architectural styles and types, a 180-acre nature preserve, and a quaint village center with restaurants, retail shops, offices, and civic spaces.
HDI has compiled an exclusive group of local custom home builders to build the majority of the single-family detached homes at Hartness. However, HDI will build, or hire contractors to build, a variety of single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums, mixed-use commercial buildings, and community amenities.
Job responsibilities will include, but will not not be limited to:
- Work with the HDI team to plan and manage light commercial and residential construction projects from start to finish
- Collaborate with architects, designers, engineers, general contractors, and other construction industry professionals
- Manage the Hartness builder group
- Create and manage standard residential building specifications
- Administer residential design and construction guidelines
- Support the architectural review process
- Prepare and negotiate cost estimates, budgets, and work timetables
- Select appropriate construction methods and strategies
- Interpret and explain contracts and technical information
- Select, hire, and instruct material suppliers and contractors
- Supervise construction personnel and activities onsite
- Report on work progress and budget matters
Education Requirements: Associate or Bachelor’s degree in construction science, construction management, architecture, or engineering (or qualifying work experience in one or more of these fields).
Work Experience: 10 years minimum experience in light commercial and residential construction.
Professional Licensing: South Carolina Residential Builder (or have qualifications for licensing); South Carolina General Contractor (or have qualifications for licensing).
Interested applicants, contact Clay Driggers, Director of Development, Hartness Development, Inc., 3500 S. Highway 14,Greenville, SC 29615. 864-304-0472. firstname.lastname@example.org.
YouthBuild Greenville will host a job fair where potential employees have booths that employers can visit to gather resumes and learn more.
September 8, 2016
45 E. Main Street
Greenville, SC 29611
1:30 pm-3:30 pm
Instead of employers setting up booths and jobseekers circulating among the booths, jobseekers sit at tables with a stack of their resumes while employers circulate. The benefits are:
- Less of a financial and logistical burden on employers.
- Jobseekers are made to market themselves to the potential employer versus the tradition of employers marketing themselves to the jobseeker.
- Past Job Fair employers and jobseekers have reported that this type of event is more relaxed and is conducive to more meaningful conversation.
YouthBuild Greenville is a program that is combining GED instruction, Construction Training, work experience, long-term case management, leadership development, and placement/retention services all in the Woodside community. YouthBuild students assisted with a Habitat for Humanity Build and completed several construction-based community service projects.
For more information or to RSVP contact Ashley Mayfield, YouthBuild Case Manager at email@example.com.
Greenville, SC based residential contractor looking for Construction Site Supervisor for Marietta, GA based projects. The construction site supervisor will assist Project Manager (PM) in overseeing the construction activities taking place on the work site and will be involved in daily supervision of Sub Contractors. The role is a salaried position and reports directly to the PM. When supervisor is present, all work crews and individuals on site will take direction from the site supervisor, who is responsible for knowing what work is to be done and implementation of the necessary resources to complete the work. In concert with the PM, the Construction Site Supervisor will plan, implement and oversee construction efforts at specific worksites.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Insure unit construction schedule is followed and maintained
· Immediately communicates any deviations to the schedule to the PM
· As directed, contacts subs for scheduling of work on project
· Monitors subcontractor attendance on site
· Regular inspection of work product for quality control issues, identifies issues and directs necessary repairs
· Monitor, manage, and direct unit “punch out” including minor carpentry work as needed
· As directed, meets with buyers on site to demonstrate progress and quality of construction and answer questions. Any change orders requested will be directed to PM in writing
· Insures safe conditions on the job site at all times
· Insures job site is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion with all materials secured and safe from weather
· Insures subcontractors are parking appropriately as not to inconvenience existing community homeowners or hinder normal community activity
· Receives material and matches with Obsidian Purchase Orders. Delivers all packing slips to PM
· As needed, facilitate with unloading of material
· Meets with local utility companies to insure proper and timely installation of utilities
· Schedules and meets local inspectors for progress inspections and reports inspection results to PM
· Contacts necessary subs to schedule work to remedy any failed inspections
· Insures timely & proper installation of buyer changes as directed by Obsidian office
Knowledge and Skills:
· Minimum of 5 years residential construction management experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Positive attitude and problem solving mentality
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Experience managing skilled trades and non-skilled labor
· Experienced carpenter with own tools
· Thorough understanding of framing, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing, foundation, carpentry and masonry trades
· Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, and construction documents
· Understanding of proper safety procedures and recognition of hazards
· Ability to organize material and labor
· Knowledge of national and local building codes
· Proficient using email and basic smart phone technology
· Annual Salary – Commensurate with experience
· Monthly cell phone reimbursement
· Truck mileage reimbursement
Habitat for Humanity of Greenville County is looking for a Director of Construction. Below is the full job description. If you would like to apply please visit their website at http://www.habitatgreenville.org/.
Habitat for Humanity of Greenville County
Director of Construction
Job Title: Director of Construction
Reports To: Vice President of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Plans, directs, and oversees all aspects of the construction, repair, weatherization, and rehabilitation of homes. Ensures that all construction volunteers have a safe, productive, and positive experience. Ensures that all affiliate construction activity takes place in a safe manner. Provides leadership and direction to Construction Department staff and volunteers.
Duties & Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Ensures that all affiliate construction activity takes place in a safe manner, consistent with affiliate safety policies and procedures
2. Participates in review of affiliate safety policies and procedures
3. Plans the execution of the annual build schedule, as set by affiliate, and tracks progress of each project
4. Prepares sites for construction
5. Ensures that all construction volunteers have a safe, productive, and positive experience with HFHGC
6. Creates purchase orders for all HFHGC construction projects and utilizes QuickBooks to track all job costs
7. Plans and coordinates effective and efficient use of construction gifts-in-kind and ensures each is communicated to Development and Finance departments
8. Continually updates and perfects accuracy of material takeoffs
9. Ensures that all relevant code requirements by governing bodies are met or exceeded, including Energy Star and other applicable green building standards
10. Ensures necessary equipment, supplies and vehicles are purchased, inventoried and maintained
11. Ensures that homeowner orientations and first and second pre-closing homeowner walkthroughs are performed with each Partner Family and ensures that home maintenance and landscaping classes are taught effectively by Construction staff or volunteer(s)
12. Develops, implements, and improves as necessary the contractual procedures for HFHGC subcontractors
13. Develops and manages the Construction Department budget
14. Ensures compliance with housing and urban development funding source requirements
15. Regularly solicits bids from all subcontractors and suppliers in order to maintain the best prices possible for the affiliate
16. Ensures that all subcontractors that perform construction work for HFHGC meet standards set by policy (have necessary licenses and the required amount of liability insurance and workers comp coverage, etc.)
17. Assists Family Services Director in addressing warranty issues and processes
18. Follows-up with homeowners one year after move-in to follow-up on warrantable items
19. Maintains and routinely updates HFHGC Construction Manual
20. Works with Finance Department in solving outstanding and disputed invoices
21. Manages maintenance of HFHGC office and maintenance of HFHGC properties – including vacant lots, vacant houses. Ensures code violations do not take place
22. Assesses build-ability of potential lots and assists with land acquisition, as directed
23. Manages the inspection of homeowner insurance claims, as needed
24. Manages the estimating, planning, and execution of repair, rehab, and weatherization projects within each project’s respective budget and on schedule
25. Leads in the development of new house designs, construction processes, and systems for quality control
26. Completes necessary CEPSCI erosion control inspections (holds CEPSCI credentials or is willing and able to get certified)
- Supervises the Construction Department staff, Quality Assurance Team members, Task Leaders, and all other construction volunteers
2. All affiliate construction takes place under Director of Construction’s builder’s license
3. Plans and supervises the purchasing of construction materials
4. Manages and supervises subcontractors and supplier relationships
1. Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Must be a licensed builder in the state of South Carolina.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or disability.