Our friend and member, Jerry Cowan, died Saturday. Jerry was the HBA liaison for Builders Mutual Insurance Company. Jerry was a tireless advocate for Home Builders Associations, was a member of dozens of HBAs in the Carolinas, and served on multiple boards including the National Association of Home Builders.
Details are available here.
Join us for our quarterly Builder Breakfast at The Epicurean on Thursday March 16th from 7:30 – 9 a.m., sponsored by Gage Insurance with Builders Mutual. Our featured speakers will be Paula Gucker, Assistant County Administrator and Herb Yingling, Chief Building Official-both of Greenville County. They will be covering the new Greenville County Building Department Reorganization and fee schedule.
This event is open to all HBA of Greenville Builder Members with complimentary admission. Register here.
Thank you to our sponsors:
The Home Builders Association of Charleston will host a two-day OSHA training course on September 9-10 at the Charleston Area Convention Center.
Attending members will learn to:
- Write and maintain an effective safety program
- Understand the effect of job site safety on insurance premiums
- Anticipate what to expect from an OSHA inspection, including your rights
- Comply with OSHA standards for fall protection, electrical, PPE, and more
- Save money by avoiding fines
- Earn a course completion card from Federal OSHA
Participants will become Fall Protection Certified and will have the opportunity to reduce their premiums with Builders Mutual Insurance Company.
To register, visit HBACharleston.com or call 843-572-1414. The course fee is $35. The deadline to register is September 5.