Join us for our quarterly Builder Breakfast at The Epicurean on Thursday March 16th from 7:30 – 9 a.m., sponsored by Gage Insurance with Builders Mutual. Our featured speakers will be Paula Gucker, Assistant County Administrator and Herb Yingling, Chief Building Official-both of Greenville County. They will be covering the new Greenville County Building Department Reorganization and fee schedule.
This event is open to all HBA of Greenville Builder Members with complimentary admission. Register here.
Thank you to our sponsors:
At a recent Builder Breakfast, speakers Buddy Skinner and Ruthie Helms spoke about the common code violations found by the respective cities builder inspectors. After the meeting, both had their inspectors each compile a list of the top five most common code violations for residential construction. Are you committing one of these mistakes?
- Incorrect foundation anchorage
- Inadequate bracing of rafters (kings and valleys)
- Improper span and bearing of porch beams
- Improper fasteners of star stringers and landings
- Ductwork not properly sealed
- Fire blocking
- Concrete encased electrode or 2 rods
- No pressure on gas lines
- Missing hangers
- 3″ elevation of HVAC
- Wrong size breaker on condenser unit
- Draft stop of stairs, fireplaces, and chases
- Inadequate foundation anchoring
- No grounding electrode
- No or low pressure on water test supply
- Air trapped in lines – underground plumbing not completely filled with water
- Steps and chases not properly fire blocked/draft stopped
- Foundation straps not installed per manufactures instructions
- test is not on gas and water lines
- Outside HVAC units not 3 inches above final grade
Join us for our quarterly Builder Breakfast at OJ’s Diner on Thursday, October 20th from 7:30 – 9 a.m., sponsored by Palmetto Exterminators. The National Association of Home Builders Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer James Rizzo will be the featured speaker at this event.
This event is open to all Builder Members with complimentary admission. Please bring a new or gently used coat to benefit Miracle Hill. Register here.
Join us at Hubbell Lighting (701 Millennium Blvd) on June 9th from 7:30-9 a.m. for our quarterly Builder Breakfast. This time we will have building officials from Greenville County to discuss the new single family permit regulations that became effective in March, along with a few other topics. Please register here to save your spot and complimentary breakfast.
This event is for Builder Members and Builder affiliates only.
Monday, March 28
Carolina Fine Foods
Simpsonville, SC 29681
Join us on March 28 for a Builder Breakfast, sponsored by Clark’s Termite & Pest Control, with featured speaker Representative Jeff Duncan who will be giving a Congressional update. This is also a great opportunity to have a discussion with your South Carolina District 3 Congressman to bring housing home. This event is for Builder members, Builder Affiliate members, or any builder member employee. RSVP by Thursday, March 24 to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the HBA office at (864) 254-0133.