|Nancy Wagner Thompson|
Your Home Builders Association offers our condolences to Brad Thompson, First Choice Custom Homes, on the loss of his mother.
Nancy Wagner Thompson , 81, of Harrisburg passed away on Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at home surrounded by her loving family.
She was born February 24, 1936 in Rowan County, a daughter of the late Victor Burton Wagner and Katie Fay Honbaier Wagner.
She worked as a secretary for the housing department at UNCC. Nancy was a member of Kerr Memorial Baptist Church. She was a certified hospice volunteer.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband William Tyler Thompson.
Left to cherish her memory is sons William Lee Thompson (Donna) of Honea Path, SC and Brad Thompson (Cindy) of Greenville, SC, daughters Vicki McClamrock (Randy) of Mooresville and Karen Morrison (Jay) of Concord, sister Carolyn Wagner of Salisbury, nine grandchildren Jessica Overcash, Anthony Thompson, Matthew McClamrock, Adam Thompson, Adair Thompson, Andrew Thompson, Katie Morrison, Jake Morrison and Ava Morrison, three great grandchildren Chloe Overcash, Callie Overcash and Wyatt McClamrock.
Pallbearers will be Charlie Noles, Charlie Bowling, Anthony Thompson, Adam Thompson, Andrew Thompson and Matthew McClamrock.
Visitation: 10:00- 11:00 AM Thursday, May 4, 2017 at Kerr Memorial Baptist Church, 25 Hwy.49 S., Concord, NC 28025.
Service: 11:00 AM Thursday May 4 at the church with Rev. Mike Johnston and Rev. Rodney Navey officiaiting.
Burial: 1:00 PM at Rowan Memorial Park, 4125 Franklin Community Center Road, Salisbury, NC 28144.
Memorials: Hospice of Cabarrus County, 5003 Hospice Lane, Kannapolis, NC 28081.
Builder Brad Thompson, President of First Choice Custom Homes, and Scott Presley, Vice President of Greer State Bank, were honored by your Home Builders Association of Greenville as Builder of the Year, and Associate of the Year, respectively, for 2010.
Thompson and Presley were honored during the HBA of Greenville’s General Membership Meeting January 20, 2011, at the Carolina First Center. More than 100 HBA members and guests assembled to honor these and other award winners and to install the 2011 Board of Directors
Guest speaker for the evening was Steven Mungo (pictured with Thompson and Presley), President of the Mungo Company and Immediate Past President of the Home Builders Association of South Carolina. Mungo talked about the importance of adjusting one’s business model to the new economy in order to survive, and made reference to the book, “Who Moved My Cheese?”, and recommended it to members as a source of inspiration.
Also honored Thursday evening was The Honorable Bill Sandifer of the South Carolina House of Representives and Chairman of the House Labor, Commerce, and Industry Committee. Sandifer received the South Carolina Champion of Housing Award for his contributions to the Home Building industry and support of the association during its battle over Automatic Fire Sprinklers in 2010. In presenting the award, HBA Executive Vice President Michael Dey called Rep. Sandifer, “a true friend of Home Builders.”
Several HBA members also were honored during the evening:
2010 Commitee Chairmen:
- Barbara Ryan, Atherton Company, Sales and Marketing Committee
- Robert Markel, CGR, Hadrian Construction, Remodelers Committee
- Scott Presley, Greer State Bank, Bylaws Committee
- Coleman Shouse, Lazarus Shouse Communities, Legislative Committee
- Wayne Moore, Harold Moore Builder, Home Show Committee
- Brad Thompson, First Choice Custom Homes, and Angela Santerini, Allora, Membership Committee
2010 Committee Chairman of the Year:
Brad Thompson, First Choice Custom Homes, Membership Committee
2010 Membership Award:
Angela Santerini, Allora
2010 Rookie of the Year:
Deanna Long, Yoder’s Building Supply
Spirit of the HBA Award:
Elizabeth Stronkowsky, North Main Building and Design
President’s Citation Award:
Laura Majszak, Premier Garage
Scott Presley, Greer State Bank
Also Thursday evening, the 2001 Board of Directors was installed. The ceremony featured the installation of the 2011 President of the HBA of Greenville, Wayne Moore. The 2011 Board of Directors includes:
- Wayne Moore, Harold Moore Builder, President
- Hal Dillard, H. Dillard Company, President Elect
- Robert Markel, CGR, Hadrian Construction Company, Vice President
- Scott Presley, Greer State Bank, Associate Vice President
- Scott Lynch, Hollison Custom Homes, Secretary
- Chuck Childress, BB&T, Treasurer
- Tom Dillard, Dillard-Jones Builders, Immediate Past President
- Richard Powers, Piedmont Natural Gas, President’s Appointee
- Tom Ward, Home Team Pest Defense, Director
- Eric Hedrick, Cornerstone Contractors, Director
- Brad Thompson, First Choice Custom Homes, Director
- Dan Rawls, Director
- Michael Cox, Home Builders Insurance, Director
- Jim Blume, First Savers Bank, Director
- Alan Boone, Advanced Renovations, Director
- Mike Freeman, Freewood Builders, Director
- Larry Hazenfield, ProBuild, Director
- Lou Hutchings, GBS Lumber, Director
- Hardy Peters, Reedy Construction, Director
- Chris Bailey, Stoneledge Properties, Director
- Seabrook Marchant, The Marchant Company, Ex-Officio Director
Please take a moment to congratulate all who where honored this week.
The evening was sponsored by ten companies that offered a table-top display for the evening’s participants to visit:Steamatic
- James Hardie
- Homes and Land Magazine
- Great Outdoors
- Capital Bank
- Heirloom Stair & Iron
- Priority One Security
- Palmetto Exterminators
- Lowe’s of Greer
- Homeowners Mortgage
Please thank these companies for their support of your HBA of Greenville.