by Michael Dey | Aug 24, 2010 | Uncategorized
Register for the NAHB International Builders’ Show by August 31 and get a free exhibit pass—NAHB members who register for the 2011 NAHB International Builders’ Show (IBS) in Orlando by August 31 can get a free four-day pass to the exhibit floor as well as take advantage of heavily discounted registration pricing.
Industry professionals who register for the show before September can save $100 on early-bird registration and $130 on regular registration. IBS, the single, most important and largest industry event of the year, will be held January 12-15.
In addition, spouses of members and non-members can register for free in August.
Specific online registration deals include:
Free Exhibit Pass for NAHB Members—Register by Aug. 31
NAHB members will be able to walk the show floor for free all four days of the show if they register by August 31. More than 1,000 exhibitors on 500,000 square feet of exhibit space will feature the industry’s leading suppliers displaying their latest innovations. Show exhibitors will also be available to discuss attendees’ specific challenges.
First-Time Member Attendee Registration—Reduced
Members who plan to attend IBS for the first time are eligible for the first-time attendee registration rate of $100, which enables them to attend any of more than 175 education sessions and tour the exhibit floor all four days.
One- and Two-Day Education Passes
Attendees can purchase one- or two-day passes for IBS education sessions. Passes will be available for education sessions held from Wednesday through Friday, Jan. 12-14. All seminars on Saturday, Jan. 15 are free. To take advantage of these passes, attendees must choose the day(s) they will purchase when registering for the show.
Click here to register now for the IBS Show in January and take advantage of these deals.
by Michael Dey | Jul 13, 2010 | Uncategorized
So you are a new member. You are not alone. The HBA of Greenville has more than 100 new members in 2010 alone. So how do you get the most our of your membership?
· Get connected. Access members only content at www.HBAofGreenville.com and www.NAHB.com. Topics range from business management to effective networking to housing issues. Need help logging in? Email info@HBAofGreenville.com or login@NAHB.com.
· Learn more. The University of Housing of the Upstate provides opportunities ranging from lunch seminars to multi-day seminars that will lead you to earning industry designations. Find our programs at www.NAHB.org/Education.
· Save money on many services you probably already use. Visit our member savings section at www.HBAofGreenville.com.
· Show up. Check the listing of upcoming meetings at www.HBAofGreenville.com. Want to meet builders? Attend meetings that appeal to them. You may not be interested in building codes, but builders are interested in those types of topics, so that is where they will be.
· Talk to the experts. Your industry-specific questions can be answered by the staff at the HBA of Greenville, the HBA of South Carolina, and NAHB. Call on them for help.
· Look at the big picture. You are a member of three assocations: local, state, and national. Each branch of the federation offers distinct packages of benefits that will enhance your membership experience and your company’s bottom line. Tap into all of them.
· Read our publications and online resources. Builder Review Online, our weekly e-newsletter, Builder Review Daily, our blog, Sales + Marketing Ideas magazine, Nations Building News, a weekly e-newsletter from NAHB, Builder Journal magazine, and Builder News Network. These publications and our website are your sources for the latest housing news and ideas.
Membership is what you make of it. Get the most out of your membership but getting involved, reading the news, and using the services of your Home Builders Association.
by Michael Dey | Jul 7, 2010 | Uncategorized
Todd Usher, GMB, CAPS, CGB, CMB, CGP, LEED AP, was re-elected Chairman of the Greenville County Planning Commission in May. Usher has been a member of the Planning Commission since 2007, and was first elected chairman in 2009.
Usher is a Past President of the HBA of Greenville and currently serves as the President’s Appointee, an officer position within the association. He is a member of the association’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee, and also serves as chairman of the association’s Public Relations Committee. Usher also is chairman of the Education Committee of the Home Builders Association of South Carolina.
Usher is President of Addison Homes, LLC. He was honored by the HBA of Greenville as the 2009 Builder of the Year.
by Michael Dey | Jul 2, 2010 | Uncategorized
Your HBA of Greenville offices will be closed July 5 for the Fourth of July holiday.
by Michael Dey | Jul 1, 2010 | Uncategorized
The Home Builders Association of Greenville was awarded an Association Excellence Award by the Executive Officers Council of the Home Builders Association of South Carolina.
The HBA of Greenville was recognized in the large association group for its first annual Fall Southern Home and Garden Show held in October 2009. “The HBA staff is gratified to receive this recognition from our peers,” Michael Dey, Executive Vice President of the HBA of Greenville, said. “The Fall Southern Home and Garden Show was a team effort from a large group of volunteers, our staff, and our exhibitors. We are looking forward to the second annual fall show this October,” Dey said.
Past Associate Vice President Richard Powers of Piedmont Natural Gas accepted the award on behalf of the association at the Celebration of Excellence banquet at the HBA of South Carolina Annual Conference and Trade Show in Hilton Head Island in June.