Thinking about buying a new home next year? It is not too early to start planning to buy your first home, or a new home. And the Home Builders Association of Greenville has the perfect event to help you get started on your new home search.
Upstate Parade of Homes
The Upstate Parade of Homes, produced by the Home Builders Association of Greenville and presented by Ryan Homes, will feature more than 30 new homes by the top Approved Professional Builders in the Upstate. The Parade also will spotlight our Signature Community, Riverstone by Ryan Homes, a community of more than 450 new homes near Simpsonville.
Homes are open to the public 12 p.m. until 5 p.m. daily over two weekends, October 11-13 and October 18-20. Admission to the homes requires a complimentary ticket. Visit UpstateParadeofHomes.com for information and tickets, and download our app in your phone’s app store.
While you start your new home search at the Upstate Parade of Homes, here are some tips to help you understand the home buying process:
- Attend a home buyer education seminar. The Greenville County Human Relations Commission offers seminars on a regular basis.
- Conventional mortgages require a 20 percent down payment. Some government-backed mortgage programs require lower down payments. Set a savings goal and start saving now for your down payment.
- Establish a budget, calculate your monthly payment, and stick to it. A home is an emotional purchase. Having a plan and sticking to that plan will help you find a house that you love and can afford.
- Get your credit in order. Pay down your debts. Other debts will limit how much you can borrow for your dream home.
- Select a lender and get pre-approved. When you find your dream home you may find that it is someone else’s dream home as well. Be ready to make an offer.