Approved Professional Builder
- Licensed as a Residential Builder or General Contractor in South Carolina
- In business for more than one year
- No outstanding liens for one year
- General Liability Insurance of $1 million or greater
- Free of unresolved judgments for one year
- Workers Compensation Insurance – consistent with state law
- One-year written warranty on each home built, additions, and portions of homes remodeled
- Use of a written contract in all business with consumers
- Maintains membership in good standing in the Home Builders Association of Greenville
Approved Professional Builders’ Standards
The Home Builders Association of Greenville has represented members of the local residential construction community since 1960. Today, more than ever, we are focusing on both the needs of our members and the needs of area consumers. Our goal is for our Association to be your trusted source for finding the finest builders, remodelers, and home improvement specialists in the Upstate. We want consumers to feel confident that when they choose to do business with an HBA of Greenville member, they have chosen wisely.An Approved Professional Builder meets these standards:
Licensed by the State of South Carolina as a Residential Builder or General Contractor
Keep the company’s HBA account current, including dues
Be in business for more than one year
Be free of unresolved judgments for one year Maintain General Liability insurance of $1 million or greater
Maintain Workers Compensation insurance consistent with state law
Offer a minimum of a one-year warranty on each home built, on additions to homes, and on remodeled homes when mechanical systems are replaced
Use a written contract in all business with consumers
Companies that meet these standards for membership are designated as Approved Professional Builders or Approved Professional Remodelers, with criteria verified by our staff annually.
HBA of Greenville also recognizes members as Approved Professional Green Builders or Approved Professional Green Remodelers. In addition to maintaining the standards outlined above, Green Professionals must hold and maintain one of the following credentials: Certified Green Professional, Master Certified Green Professional, LEED-H or LEED-AP, ENERGY-STAR approved, or EarthCraft approved.
We also recognize members that meet the qualifications as Approved Professional Lead-Safe Remodelers. In addition to the membership standards, a company with the lead-safe designation must be Lead-Safe Certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.