Your Home Builders Association has partnered with the Greater Greenville Association of Realtors to offer a seminar on the recent changes to the National Flood Insurance Program.
- When: Monday, January 13, 2 p.m. until 4 p.m.
- Where: GGAR Conference Center, 50 Airpark Court, Greenville
- Cost: No charge to HBA of Greenville members
The purpose of the seminar is to update HBA and GGAR members on the changes resulting from the legislation that renewed the National Flood Insurance Program for another five years. Those changes have resulted in dramatic increases in flood insurance premiums for some homeowners and in some cases have threatened potential real estate transactions. It is important for Home Builders to understand how the new rules will impact owners of homes built in flood-prone areas. In addition, Remodelers who are familiar with the new rules may be able to leverage that knowledge to secure new business.
This is not just a Coastal Issue. Property owners and transactions are being impacted all over the Upstate.
- Lisa S. Jones, CFM, ANFI, CPM, Principla, Carolina Flood Solutions
- Robert Hall, PE, CFM, Flood Plain Administrator, Greenville County
- Jacqueline Chelbezan, PE, PH, CFM, Assistant City Engineer-Environmental, City of Greenville
The agenda will include a comprehensive briefing of the changes in the law regarding flood insurance by Lisa Jones, and briefings from Robert Hall and Jacqueline Chelbezan on local flood management ordinances and resources for evaluating the flooding risk of property in the Greenville area.
The seminar is free to HBA of Greenville members. To register at HBAofGreenville.com, click here.