The HBA of Greenville is gearing up for the inaugural Fall Southern Home & Garden Show, October 30 – November 1 at the Carolina First Center. The Fall Show, much like the Spring Show, is a chance for attendees to see the latest in products and services for the home under one roof. Over 100 exhibitors have signed up for booth space. Lowe’s is proud sponsor of the 2009 Fall Southern Home & Garden Show.
One of the biggest features of the Fall Show is Trick-or Treat Night, where the Home Show becomes a safe and all-weather location for children to trick-or-treat, and parents have the added bonus of touring the Show exhibits! Parents accompanying a child in costume receive free admission after 5 p.m. There will also be a special Costume Contest at 6 p.m. for children 12 and under.
The Fall Show will also feature free antique appraisals by Danny Perkins of the Danny Co. Dust off your antiques and raid your attic for items – you never know when your trash might be someone else’s treasure! Please, only hand-carry items that would fit through a standard door, and no weapons will be permitted.
Here is a list of other special events and features:
Friday, October 30:
- Senior Day – Seniors (55 and up) receive $1 off admission
Saturday, October 31:
- Trick-or-Treat Night: Safe and all-weather trick-or-treating; candy giveaways at all participating booths
- Costume Contest at 6 p.m. (children 12 and under)
- Parents accompanying a child in costume receive free admission after 5 p.m.!
Sunday, November 1:
- $1 off with church program
- Free antique appraisals by Danny Perkins of the Danny Co, Inc. (booth no. 754)
- Football Game Viewing Area, provided by Jeff Lynch and the Carolina First Center
- Lowe’s providing free aprons and children’s workshop kits, while supplies last
- Lowe’s Christmas Village
Ticket prices are $5 for adults, $4 for seniors 55 and up; children 12 and under are free. Advance tickets will be sold for $1 off at local Lowe’s stores. In addition, on Friday seniors will receive $1 off admission, and on Sunday attendees who bring a church program will receive $1 off. Only one discount can be applied per attendee. Parking is free, courtesy of the Carolina First Center.
Show hours are Friday, October 30 from 12 p.m. – 9 p.m.; Saturday, October 31 from 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.; and Sunday, November 1 from 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.